Follow the instructions below to schedule your required appointments online:
1. If your visa interview appointment was scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC):
The majority of immigrant and diversity visa applicants in India have their interview appointment scheduled by NVC or KCC. When NVC or KCC notifies you that your appointment is scheduled, download your interview instructions online. Schedule a Category 1 appointment to have your photograph and fingerprints captured at a Visa Application Center before coming to your visa interview. You are not required to schedule a separate visa interview appointment.
2. If you are a Fiancé(e) K-visa applicant:
When the Embassy/Consulate notifies you by email or letter that your petition is ready, download your interview instructions online. Schedule a Category 3 appointment to have your photograph and fingerprints captured at a Visa Application Center and to have your interview at the Embassy/ Consulate.
3. If you are applying for a returning resident (SB-1) immigrant visa:
Read the instruction available at the Department of State website before submitting your application for Returning Resident Status (Application to Determine Returning Resident Status, Form DS-117). Schedule a Category 2 appointment to have your interview at the Embassy/ Consulate. Bring a completed copy of form DS-117 (PDF 24 KB).
4. If you missed your Embassy/Consulate appointment or were informed to appear for a new interview:
Schedule an Embassy/Consulate appointment by selecting a Category 3 appointment.
5. If your case retrogressed but is now current: Confirm that your priority date is now current. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding further processing of their immigrant visa case.