OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Assistant Cook, Deputy Chief of Mission’s Residence
OPENING DATE: 12-02-2021
CLOSING DATE: 12-22-2021
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 54 hours/week
SALARY: Starting salary will be determined on the basis of qualifications and experience, and/or salary history.
NOTE: *The hired employee will be paid by and work under contract with the Principal Employer. S/he will not be an employee of the United States Government.
The Deputy Chief of Mission’s Residence at the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi is seeking an individual for the position of Assistant Cook.
Only applicants who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Assist the primary cook on all food-related requirements by performing the following duties and responsibilities at 17, Amrita Shergill Marg:
- Day-to-day planning and operation of the Residence Kitchen, to include preparation and presentation of food items for the family, guests, and for special functions.
- Create and compile menus (including those with dietary restrictions) for all special functions and keep records of past menus.
- Ensure quality and health standards of food prepared to the highest possible.
- Proper utilization, accountability, and inventory of raw materials and kitchen equipment. Ensure proper storage of food items at all times.
- Ensure cleanliness in the kitchen area to include equipment, utensils, surrounding area, etc.
- Serve as back-up to the primary cook and handle food preparation during the primary cook’s absence.
- Any other normal services and duties associated with the position/additional work in connection with the kitchen operations. Any other work as assigned by the Residence Manager.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Knowledge of European/Western/continental cuisine and Asian/Indian cuisine.
- Minimum two years of related experience.
Interested applicants for this position should submit the following:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the below information, plus
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
The resume or curriculum vitae must include the below information.
- Position Title
- Vacancy Announcement Number
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
- Current Address and phone numbers
- If foreign national, eligibility to work in India (work/residency permits should be attached)
- List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S.
Government (include their Name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
- License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
- Language Skills
- Work Experience
- Notice Period to current employer
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
U. S. Embassy
Human Resources Office
New Delhi 110 021
POINT OF CONTACT
Please insert “Application for Assistant Cook, Deputy Chief of Mission’s Residence” in the Subject of the E-mail for electronic submission; or on the envelope, in case of print copy submission. Applications without the position title “Application for Assistant Cook, DCM’s Residence” will not be accepted.