New Delhi | October 9, 2015
New Delhi, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF), in partnership with the American Councils is organizing the U.S. University Fair on Sunday, October 11, 2015 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the Lalit Hotel, New Delhi. Representatives from 25 U.S. Universities will participate in the fair and will provide information about their institutions and programs. The participating universities represent a wide geographical area in the U.S. and offer a range of academic programs at undergraduate and graduate levels. Adam Grotsky, Executive Director, United States-India Educational Foundation said, “The main purpose of the USIEF-EducationUSA University fairs is to give dedicated students the opportunity to meet and interact with representatives of American universities.”
At the fair, students and their parents can get information directly from the U.S. universities about the various programs and admission criteria. The discussion sessions at the fair will help students make informed choices about U.S. higher education and about the U.S. student visa application process. Students can also collect application forms, materials, and brochures from the university representatives.
Admission to the fair is free. A list of participating universities and a schedule of events is enclosed.
For more information, please contact United States-India Educational Foundation, New Delhi on telephone 011-42090979/42090980 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
EducationUSA is a global network of advising centers in 170 countries that is supported by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). In India, EducationUSA centers at the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) actively promote U.S. higher education by providing information about educational institutions in the U.S. and guidance to qualified individuals on how best to access the opportunities.
EducationUSA Centers reach prospective student audiences through education fairs and outreach events at schools, universities, and other public venues. Extending outreach beyond personal interaction, the EducationUSA network reaches millions of students through websites, webinars, and social media platforms to provide accurate, comprehensive, and current information about studying in the United States.
About United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF)
USIEF was established in 1950 under a bilateral agreement on educational exchange between India and the United States. In addition to hosting the EducationUSA program, USIEF promotes mutual understanding between Indians and Americans through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals, and students under the umbrella of Fulbright, Fulbright-Nehru and other prestigious grants & scholarships.
Fair schedule on Sunday October 11, 2015:
|1:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Fair open for undergraduate students only|
|1:30 pm – 2:00 pm||Graduate Panel Discussion|
|2:00 pm||Fair open for all undergraduate and graduate students|
|2: 15 pm – 2:30 pm||Inaugural remarks|
|3:00 pm – 3:30 pm||Presentation on GRE and TOEFL by ETS|
|3:30 pm – 4:00 pm||Presentation on IELTS by British Council|
|4:00 pm – 5:00 pm||U.S. Student Visa: Session by a Visa Consular Officer from the U.S. Embassy, New Delhi|
|5:00 pm||Fair ends|
Visitors to the fair are encouraged to register online athttp://bit.ly/NewDelhiFairby October 9, 2015. Exciting prizes to be won at the fair venue!
- Bradley University, Illinois
- Heller School for Social Policy and Management
- Eastern Michigan University, College of Business, Michigan
- Foothill + De Anza Community College District, California
- Full Sail University, Florida
- Knox College, Illinois
- Milwaukee School of Engineering, Wisconsin
- New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering, New York
- New York University School of Professional Studies, New York
- North Dakota State University, North Dakota
- Rochester Institute of Technology, New York
- State University of New York at Buffalo State, New York
- Stevens Institute of Technology, New Jersey
- Suffolk University, Massachusetts
- Syracuse University, New York
- Texas Christian University, Texas
- Thunderbird School of Global Management, Arizona
- Towson University, Maryland
- Troy University, Alabama
- University of Bridgeport, Connecticut
- University of Cincinnati, Ohio
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois
- University of South Florida, Florida
- University of Southern California, Viterbi School of Engineering, California
- Winona State University, Minnesota
Test Service Providers
- Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)