All citizens will be screened by security personnel before entering the Embassy or Consulate compound. The following items are not permitted:
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, flash drives, memory sticks, Blue Tooth devices, laptop or tablet computers and portable music players
- Large shoulder bags/purses, travel bags, backpacks, briefcases or suitcases. Only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted like unsealed plastic bags containing application-related papers, small cloth bags and zip folders
- Food or drink items
- Cosmetics (including, but not limited to, spray perfume/cologne and talcum/baby powder)
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Flammable items such as Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects, including scissors, pocketknives, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons, weapon-like objects, or explosive material of any kind
- Long handled umbrellas (longer than 40 cm when closed)
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the Embassy/Consulates to store prohibited items. You must arrange to store these items before entering.