Apply for an adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago

To renew a passport that was issued before the age of 16 or one that was issued more than 15 years ago, you are required to apply in person by attending a pre-arranged appointment.

Required Documents

  • Form DS-11
    Complete online and print out single-sided.
    *NOTE: You must provide a Social Security number, if you have been issued one. If you do not have a Social Security number, please click here.
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship (original + 1 photocopy)
  • Valid ID (original + 1 photocopy)
  • One passport photo
    White background /2″ × 2″ in size / no eyeglasses
  • Non-refundable application fee
  • Evidence of Change of Name (if applicable) – If your ID does not match your name on your proof of citizenship document, please bring proof of your name change. Documents must be original with English translation if applicable. (e.g. Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, Statutory Declaration or Court Order)
  • Applicants aged 16-17 should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must present government issued photo identification.

Passport Book renewal takes 3-4 weeks and Passport Cards may take more than 4 weeks to arrive.  If you would like the passport book to be mailed earlier than the passport card, you will need to purchase two Air waybills for Blue Dart courier. If you need a new U.S. passport in less than three weeks, you should discuss this during your appointment as you may require an emergency passport.