Passports, citizenship, and birth registration services are by appointment only. Due to COVID-19 precautions, passport appointments are available for U.S. citizen minors and emergencies only. U.S. citizen adults should mail-in their passport renewal applications following the instructions below.
Passport services are not available on weekends, or on Indian or U.S. holidays.
The processing time for routine passport renewals in India is 4-5 weeks. If you are traveling within the next 2 weeks, please click here for further information.
Key Passport Services
- Renew a minor’s passport (under 16 years of age)
- Apply for my first adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago
- Lost, stolen, or damaged passport
- Emergency passport
- Change or Correct passport
- Reporting the Birth of a Child Born Outside the United States (CRBA) and Applying for a First-time Passport
- Frequently Asked Questions