International Parental Child Abduction

India is not a party to the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention), and there are no multilateral or bilateral treaties in force between India and the United States intended to resolve IPCA.

If your child has been abducted from the U.S. to India, speak with a U.S. State Department officer to discuss your case. We know what resources are available in different countries and can answer questions. Click for specific information for India including emergency contact information.


Contact Us:

New Delhi:

American Citizen Services Unit
U.S. Embassy
Shanti Path
Chanakya Puri
New Delhi – 110 021
Phone: 011-91-11-2419-8000
Fax: 011-91-11-2419-0017


American Citizen Services Unit
U.S. Consulate General
220 Anna Salai at Gemini Circle
Chennai – 600006
Phone: 044-2857-4000
Fax: 044-2811-2020


American Citizens Services Unit
U.S. Consulate General
1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane
Hyderabad – 500003
Phone : 040-4033-8300
Fax : 040-4033-8306


American Consulate General
American Center
38A, Jawaharlal Nehru Road
Kolkata 700 071
West Bengal, India
Tel: 91-33-3984-6300
Fax: 91-33-2288-1616/0356


American Citizens Services Unit
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex
Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
Phone: (91-22) 2672-4000