The U.S. Embassy and Consulates provide services to U.S. citizens in the Indian states of their consular districts.
- Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and the country of Bhutan
- Karnataka, Kerala, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Tamil Nadu, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Odisha
- Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, and West Bengal
- Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Diu and Daman, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli