Study in the U.S.
EducationUSA University Fair 2019
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Chennai, August 27: The Study in the U.S. – EducationUSA University Fair 2019 is being held in Chennai as part of the annual all-India tour August 31 to September 12, including stops in Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Kochi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hubli, Ahmedabad, and Changa. In Chennai, the fair will be held on Saturday, September 7, 2019 from 2:15 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Hotel Hyatt Regency, Teynampet, Chennai 600018.
The 41 participating U.S. universities represent a wide geographic area in the United States and offer a range of academic programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Students and their parents can speak with U.S. university representatives about various programs and admission criteria. The discussion sessions will help students make informed choices about U.S. higher education and learn about the U.S. student visa application process. The following event partners – IELTS and ACT – will also participate to provide information about standardized tests for admission to U.S. universities.
Entry is free. Visitors to the fair are encouraged to register online at http://bit.ly/Fair2019PM.
For more information, please contact United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF), Chennai on telephone 044-28574134/28574410 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
EducationUSA is a global network of 425 international student advising centers in more than 175 countries that is supported by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). In India, EducationUSA centers at the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) actively promote U.S. higher education by providing information about educational institutions in the U.S. and guidance to qualified individuals on how best to access the opportunities.
EducationUSA Centers reach prospective student audiences through education fairs and outreach events at schools, universities, and other public venues. Extending outreach beyond personal interaction, the EducationUSA network reaches millions of students through online sessions and social media platforms to provide accurate, comprehensive and current information about studying in the United States.
About United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF)
USIEF was established in 1950 under a bilateral agreement on educational exchange between India and the United States. In addition to hosting the EducationUSA program, USIEF promotes mutual understanding between Indians and Americans through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals, and students under the umbrella of Fulbright, Fulbright-Nehru and other prestigious grants & scholarships.
Abbotsbury Hall, Hotel Hyatt Regency, 365, Anna Salai, Teynampet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600018
2.15 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Schedule on Saturday, September 7, 2019:
|2.15 p.m.||Registration opens|
|2.45 p.m. – 3.15 p.m.||Presentation by EducationUSA Adviser on the 5-steps to U.S. higher education|
|3.15 p.m. – 3.45 p.m.||Presentation by Consular Officer from the U.S. Consulate General, Chennai on Demystifying the U.S. student visa application process|
|3.50 p.m. – 4 p.m.||Fair inauguration by Moulik Berkana, Cultural Affairs Officer, U.S. Consulate General, Chennai|
|4 p.m. – 8 p.m.||Fair is open to all at the Abbotsbury Hall|
|Parallel sessions in pre-function area of Abbotsbury Hall|
|5 p.m.– 6 p.m.||Short presentations on standardized tests|
- Arizona State University
- Aviation Institute of Maintenance
- Bradley University
- California Baptist University
- California Polytechnic State University
- City University of Seattle
- Concordia University Saint Paul
- David Eccles School of Business –University of Utah
- Delaware County Community College
- DePaul University
- Drexel University
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Full Sail University
- George Washington University
- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
- Iowa State University
- Keck Graduate Institute
- Marist College
- Michigan Technological University
- Millersville University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- New York Film Academy
- Northeastern University
- Northern Arizona University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Saint Leo University
- Saint Louis University
- Stony Brook University — The State University of New York
- Syracuse University
- The University of Alabama
- The University of Illinois at Chicago
- University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- University of California, Irvine
- University of Louisville (School of Public Health & Information Sciences and College of Business)
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- University of South Florida
- University of Southern California, Viterbi Graduate Programs in Engineering
- Wayne State University
- Western Kentucky University
- Widener University
- Wright State University