Location: New Delhi, India
Event: Media outlets are reporting clashes between New Delhi Police and protesting farmers throughout areas of Delhi incuding the northern border of Delhi, areas along the Republic Day parade route, and downtown areas near the India Gate. U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid these areas, stay at home, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large groups, protests, or demonstrations.
Action to Take:
- Avoid the northern Delhi border, the Republic Day parade route, and downtown areas near the India Gate.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Heed instructions from law enforcement officials.
U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444