Education and Development working groups will enhance our partnership in education and initiate discussions about women’s’ empowerment. Here are some of the activities between the two governments that are advancing education and development cooperation.
- U.S.-India Relations: Building a Durable Partnership for the 21st Century, Remarks by Kenneth I. Juster U.S. Ambassador to India, January 11, 2018
A fourth pillar of our partnership is our focus on sustainable and inclusive development with regard to the welfare of our people. This includes critical work in science, technology, and health.
- The U.S. and India announce fifth round of U.S.-India 21ST Century Knowledge Initiative Awards, June 20, 2016
- Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship, March 11, 2016
In pursuance of a September 2014 Joint Statement, the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Republic of India, desiring to promote further mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States of America and the Republic of India by a wider exchange of knowledge and professional talents, intend to work in partnership to build long-term capacity in the United States and India by engaging scientific and technical research scholars and professionals from both countries related to climate research and education through the launch of the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship.
- U.S.-India Higher Education and Skills Development Cooperation (Factsheet, September 22, 2015)
- Education Ties between India and the United States Grow Stronger, June 22, 2015
In a continuation of the educational partnership between India and the United States, the State Department is pleased to announce the eight institutional partnership projects.
- U.S.-India Joint Statement साँझा प्रयास – सबका विकास” – “Shared Effort; Progress for All” January 25, 2015
Noting the importance of ongoing cooperation in higher education, the President and Prime Minister welcomed ongoing efforts to extend a knowledge partnership for supporting the Indian Institute of Technology at Gandhinagar through USAID.
- Joint Statement: India-U.S. Higher Education Dialogue, November 19, 2014
Both the sides affirmed the importance of ongoing community college collaborations to meet Prime Minister Modi’s national skills development goals.
- Facts on U.S.-India Cooperation on Education, September 30, 2014