- December 16, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets SelectUSA Exec Dir Vinai Thummalapally
Indian #FDI into the US has topped $11.3bn. Mtng w/ @SelectUSA Exec Dir Vinai Thummalapally about the March 2017 India roadshow @USCSIndia
- December 16, 2016: Ambassador Verma Speaks at Clean Energy Finance Forum
A great example of US/India clean energy and climate cooperation — which remains one of the most important pathways of our work together.
- December 16, 2016: Ambassador Verma Welcomes US 7th Fleet to India
Welcome back @US7thFleet to India. Congratulations on a successful Executive Steering Group meeting with the Indian Navy
- December 16, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets MNRE India representatives
.@MNREIndia matches US foundations and @OPICgov for combined $20 million USD Clean Energy Finance Facility today.
- December 16, 2016: Ambassador Verma Attends the TiEGlobal Summit
Excited to join the 1st @TiEGlobal Summit, spoke w/ members about @SelectUSA & collaboration between US & Indian startups.#USIndiaDosti
December 15, 2016: Ambassador Verma Hosts Holiday Party for Embassy Staff
Ringing in the holidays at Roosevelt House with staff & family from our fantastic @USAndIndia team. Happy holidays everyone!
- December 15, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets UBER CEO Kalanick
Pleased to meet @Uber CEO Travis Kalanick @travisk. UberEXCHANGE mentorship program connects Indian entrepreneurs to U.S. startup ecosystem
- December 7, 2016: Ambassador Verma Addresses the Indo-American Friendship Association
Enjoyed addressing #IndoAmericanFriendshipAssociation on highlights of U.S.-India Relationship last night!
- December 7, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets Beth McCormick of Def Tech Security Admin
Ahead of SecDef Carter’s trip, imp mtg w/industry & Beth McCormick of Def Tech Security Admin on tech transfer & India as Major Defense Ptr
- December 7, 2016: Ambassador Verma Welcomes Defense Secretary Ashton Carter to New Delhi
A familiar figure in Delhi: welcoming #SecDef Carter for an important visit to advance US-India security ties #USIndiaDefense
- December 5, 2016: Ambassador Verma Speaks on Integrating Gender Perspectives
Proud of USG mission personnel from across India gathering to discuss importance gender empowerment, equality, inclusion in our programming.
- November 25, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav
Excellent meeting with CM Yadav to discuss US/India relations and dynamic Uttar Pradesh. @yadavakhilesh
- November 21, 2016: Ambassador Verma Attends the Screening of Documentary ‘Years of Living Dangerously’ at the American Center
Screening @YEARSofLIVING @ #AmCenter ND w/@GhoshArunabha & Indepreet of @azurepwr featured for their inspiring work in India’s solar growth (Remarks)
- November 18, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets VADM Joe Rixey, Director of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency
A trusted partner of India: honored to welcome VADM Joe Rixey, Director of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, to Delhi #USIndiaDefense
- November 18, 2016: Ambassador Verma Attends the Screening of Documentary ‘Years of Living Dangerously’
Pleased to promote the screening of @NatGeoChannel’s @YEARSofLIVING climate documentary w/diplomatic community. Thanks Embassy #GreenTeam!
- November 16, 2016: Ambassador Verma Launches 2016 Open Doors Report
“Each student that travels to the US for studies contributes & strengthens the ties between our two countries.” (Remarks)
- November 16, 2016: Ambassador Verma Tries his Hand at Cricket
Never too late for a baseball fan to learn cricket! Proud of all the cricket players who played in the Embassy Premier League tournament.
- November 15, 2016: Ambassador Verma Launches Global Entrepreneurship Week
Launched Global Entrepreneurship Week. Amazing spirit. These people will change the world!
November 14, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets Interfaith Leaders
Terrific meeting with interfaith leaders from American Jewish Committee @AJCGlobal and Swami Chidanand Saraswati of @ParmarthNiketan.
November 11, 2016: Ambassador Verma Speaks at the FICCI-Brookings Post Election Discussion
A strong bipartisan consensus on the importance of US/India exists, and that consensus has only grown & strengthened over the years.
November 10, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
Productive mtg w/Def. Minister @manoharparrikar to discuss upcoming visits, areas for expanding coop & solidify Major Defense Partner status
November 10, 2016: Ambassador Verma attends the Marine Ball
Happy 241st Birthday US Marine Corps, and thank you for all you have done to keep our nation free. We honor your outstanding service @USMC
November 9, 2016: Ambassador Verma Hosts U.S. Elections Result Viewing Event
Pleased to host our 2016 #USElections event at Roosevelt House this morning – tune in LIVE on Facebook
November 8, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets Stephen Burns, Chair of US Nuclear Regulatory Comm
Pleased to welcome Stephen Burns-Chair of US Nuclear Regulatory Comm.-to discuss US/India civ-nuke coop. a key pillar of our ties @NRCgov
November 7, 2016: Ambassador Verma Visits New Delhi ISKON Temple
Excited to mark 50 years of #harekrishna at the New Delhi ISKCON Temple! Thank you to my gracious hosts.
November 6, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets former US Ambassador Wisner
Terrific to see former US Ambassador Frank Wisner – a great friend of India.
- November 6, 2016: Ambassador Verma Hosts Diwali party for Embassy Staff
Thx to the amazing US Embassy team that works so hard every day. We are grateful for all you do. You’ve taken US/India ties to new heights!
- November 1, 2016: Ambassador Verma at Jamia, a Historic Institution of Learning
“I’m proud of Jamia’s long history of partnership with the United States.” Deeply honored to meet talented students & faculty at Jamia Millia Islamia @jmidelhi (Remarks)
- October 20, 2016: Ambassador Verma Hosts Reception for U.S.-India Trade Policy Forum Delegation
Celebrating the spirit of cooperation and the success of the U.S.-India Trade Policy Forum held today. (Joint Statement)
- October 19, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets Chairman of Jet Airways Naresh Goyal
Met with Chairman Jet Airways Naresh Goyal to discuss increased U.S.-India tourism through their partnership with Delta Airlines.
- October 19, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets Gary Stark of Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency
Welcome back Gary Stark of Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, for next site investigation of missing WWII US servicemen. Another Gr8 example of #USIndia cooperation.
- October 18, 2016: Ambassador Verma Visits Amar Ujala office in Noida
Today I visited with the editorial board of Amar Ujala for their regular samvad.
- October 18, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets Suhasini Haidar for an interview with The Hindu
Always a pleasure to sit down with Suhasini Haidar to discuss US-India relations in this exciting time.
- October 18, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets with C Raja Mohan and Shiv Thukral of Carnegie India
Good to meet with C Raja Mohan and Shiv Thukral of Carnegie India to discuss their inaugural Global Technology Policy Summit in Bangalore.
- October 18, 2016: Ambassador Verma Speaks to EastWest Institute & 20-20 Investors
Good discussion on U.S.-India business climate w/EastWest & 20-20 Investors
- October 17, 2016: Ambassador Verma met the next Ambassador to the U.S. from India Navtej Sarna
Enjoyed meeting with next Indian Ambassador to US Navtej Sarna We are excited to work with you & take our relationship to even greater heights. (Twitter)
- October 7, 2016: Ambassador Richard Verma speaks at the Chat with the Diplomats for International Day of the Girl
6 Missions, 1 voice in support of women’s rights/empowerment/leadership IILM Institute “chat w/diplomats” for #InternationalDayoftheGirl (Press Release)
- October 7, 2016: Ambassador Richard Verma Joins 20 Embassies for ‘Run for Her’
Ambassador Richard Verma joined 20 embassies for a 2.6 kilometre “Run for Her” in the diplomatic enclave this afternoon. Mission staff, students, and supporters ran alongside Shanti Path to “get moving” in support of girls’ empowerment. (Twitter)
- October 6, 2016: Ambassador Verma speaks on “The Female Journalist in India” at Daniel Pearl Day
Honored to commemorate Daniel Pearl Day w/ @IsraelinIndia. “Danny” was a journalist of the highest caliber. He is missed, but never forgotten (Remarks)
- October 4, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets with foreign policy leaders
India’s future is in good hands. Thanks @d_jaishankar for connecting me with the foreign policy leaders of tomorrow.
- October 4, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets with Uber India President Amit Jain
Interesting to hear about opportunities for transportation options in Uber’s second largest market with Uber India President Amit Jain.
- October 3, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets with Environment Minister Anil Madhav Dave
Enjoyed meeting with Minister Dave today to discuss India’s historic step to join the Paris Agreement
- October 3, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets with U.S. Millennium Challenge Corporation delegation
Important discussion on exploring how regional connectivity drives econ growth and poverty reduction with @FatemaDC and @MCCgov delegation
- September 25, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets with children from a nearby jhuggi
It was a great morning doing arts and crafts with these amazing kids — glad you could be there too @d_jaishankar!
- September 22, 2016: Ambassador Verma attends the opening of “People.Book.Land ”
Honored to attend this important event & recognize the good work of Simon Wiesenthal – thanks Rabbi Cooper for bringing the exhibit to India.
- September 21, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets with Overseas Security Advisory Council members
Always a pleasure meeting our Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) members
- September 21, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets with Ambassador Roemer
Welcome back former Ambassador Timothy Roemer – a dedicated public servant, a wonderful dad, and true friend of India.
- September 20, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets Rabbi Abraham Cooper & team
Honor to meet Rabbi Abraham Cooper & team. Look fwd to the opening of their exhibit “People, Book, Land” tomorrow in Delhi!
- September 20, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets Embassy staff and their families
We value our locally employed Embassy staff and their families so much–here with winners of scholarship, drawing and rangoli competitions! (Twitter)
- September 20, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets American Physicians of Indian Origin
Proud of the great work being done by American Physicians of Indian Origin in India & the US – making a difference!
- September 16, 2016: Amabssador Verma speaks on Shekhar Gupta’s show “Off the Cuff”
Ambassador Verma spoke with Amitabh Bachchan about tuberculosis on Shekhar Gupta’s “Off the Cuff” show.
- September 15, 2016: Ambassador Verma visits Adobe campus in Noida
Wonderful to see Shantanu Narayen in Adobe’s newest campus in Noida. Adobe’s largest R&D team outside of U.S. is here in India.
- September 15, 2016: Ambassador Verma visits the Dunkin Donuts in Delhi
Enjoyed Dunkin Donuts’ famous coffee during my visit to Jubilant Bhartia HQ
- September 15, 2016: Ambassador Verma visits the Jubilant Bhartia Group headquarters in Delhi
Enjoyed addressing Jubilant employees on the strength of #USIndiaTrade
- September 15, 2016: Ambassador Verma at the Global Connect Initiative Regional Stakeholders Workshop
India stands as a stellar example of a country that is working hard – and creatively – to expand internet connectivity. (Twitter)
- September 14, 2016: Ambassador Verma at Indo-American Chamber of Commerce Indo-US Economic Summit
Pleased to speak Indo-American Chamber of Comm Econ Summit focused on innovation & driving change in USIndia trade.
- September 13, 2016: Ambassador Verma at the National Law University, Delhi
The bottom line is that when the world’s oldest and largest democracies representing over 1.6 billion people come together, important things can happen. (Twitter)
- September 8, 2016: Ambassador Verma Hosts Reception for eminent journalists from across the Indo-Pacific region
Proud to welcome so many eminent journalists from across the Indo-Pacific region to Roosevelt House.
- September 8, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets U.S. Ambassador to Nepal Alaina Teplitz
Welcome back to Delhi Ambassador U.S. Ambassador to Nepal Alaina Teplitz. Boosting regional connectivity is a shared priority!
- September 7, 2016: Ambassador Verma at U.S.-India Expert Workshop on Countering Terrorist Use of the Internet
From the streets of New York and Mumbai to the steps of the Pentagon and India’s Parliament, our citizens have been the target of terrorists, but we have responded to this global menace with strength and resolve.
- September 6, 2016: Ambassador Verma with AmCham – India and MEA
Great to discuss the S&CD with the American Chamber of Commerce in India (AmCham – India) & MEA. U.S. companies are vital contributors to our #USIndia relationship
- August 30, 2016: Ambassador Verma at the second U.S.-India Strategic and Commercial Dialogue (S&CD)
Secretary Kerry and U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker co-chaired the second U.S.-India Strategic and Commercial Dialogue (S&CD) in New Delhi, India.
- August 8, 2016: Ambassador Verma Welcomes General John Nicholson
Ambassador Verma with US Commander in Afghanistan General John Nicholson in India for meetings with Government of India on defense coordination.
- July 29, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets Principal of DAV College Dr Sharma
Ambassador Verma met Dr Sharma, Principal of DAV College & his daughter Sakshi.
- July 29, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets Exec VP Suzanne Siskel of Asia Foundation
Ambassador Verma met Executive Vice President Suzanne Siskel of Asia Foundation and discussed global development & women’s empowerment.
- July 28, 2016: Ambassador Verma and DNSA Wally Adeyemo meet Minister Piyush Goyal
Ambassador Verma and DNSA Wally Adeyemo met Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal and spoke on furthering U.S.-India collaboration on renewable energy
- July 28, 2016: Ambassador Verma and DNSA Wally Adeyemo meet Sec Jha
Ambassador Verma and DNSA Wally Adeyemo met Sec Jha and discussed working together on Climate Change.
- June 28, 2016: Glad to welcome Under Secretary for Political Affairs Tom Shannon to India for POTUS/PM summit follow-up
Under Secretary for Political Affairs Tom Shannon traveled to New Delhi and Kolkata for POTUS/PM meeting follow up. He met with Indian government officials and members of civil society. In the evening the Amb. and U/S Shannon distributed food at the Nizamuddin mosque. (Twitter)
- June 27, 2016: At the Atlantic Council U.S.-India Trade Initiative Workshop
Ambassador Verma talks about U.S.-India trade at the Atlantic Council U.S.-India Trade Initiative Workshop, highlighting Prime Minister Modi’s recent visit to the United States. (Twitter)
- July 26, 2016: Ambassador Verma Visits Kalkaji School for the Deaf
Ambassador Richard Verma visited the Kalkaji School for the Deaf and met with the students, teachers, and faculty! The school runs an English-language learning program through a partnership with USAID India and V-SHESH Learning Services Private Limited. (Twitter)
- July 26, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets Minister Prakash Javdekar
Ambassador Verma met with Minister Prakash Javdekar and spoke about Continued US-India Higher Education Cooperation
- July 26, 2016: Ambassador Verma Meets India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Syed Akbaruddin
Ambassador Verma met India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Syed Akbaruddin and spoke about U.S.-India relations
- July 25, 2016: Ambassador Verma Launches Feed the Future India-Triangular Training Program
President Obama and Prime Minister Modi called on the U.S. and India to work together for the global good to combat climate change, promote global health and food security, and ensure continued regional integration and stability in Africa and Asia. This new triangular initiative marks a major step toward realizing our leaders’ vision. – Ambassador Verma at the launch of the Feed the Future India-Triangular Training Program. (Twitter)
- July 25, 2016: Ambassador Verma Speaks at U.S.-India peacekeeping cooperation in Africa event
“A strong India-U.S. partnership can anchor peace, prosperity and stability from Asia to Africa and from Indian Ocean to the Pacific.” We couldn’t agree more.” – Ambassador Verma (Twitter)
- July 25, 2016: Ambassador Verma Speaks at Stanford Med Dinner
Ambassador Verma had an insightful discussion with Stanford Med discussing innovation technology and healthcare
- July 25, 2016: Welcome Deputy U.S. Trade Rep Holleyman & team to Delhi
Ambassador Verma welcomed Deputy U.S. Trade Rep Holleyman & team to Delhi for a week of meetings with govt. on enhancing US-India trade.
- June 25, 2016: Feeling inspired by the American India Foundation fellowship class of 2016!
American India Foundation Clinton Fellowship Class of 2015 received completion certificates from Ambassador Verma at the graduation ceremony.
- July 24: Ambassador Verma Watches Kabaddi with Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan
Ambassador Verma had a fun evening watching his first ProKabaddi match with his family and Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan. (Twitter)
- July 22: Met with Sabina Dewan, President and Executive Director of JustJobs Network
Ambassador Verma met with Sabina Dewan and learnt about their work to improve quality & quantity of jobs in India.
- July 21, 2016: Visit to the Tamana Skills Development Center
Ambassador Verma visited the Tamana Skills Development Center and inaugurated the center’s pottery unit. Tamana helps persons with disabilities and the differently abled achieve their dreams! (Twitter)
- July 20, 2016: Met with USIBC President Dr. Aghi
Ambassador Verma met with Pres. Dr. Aghi and discussed deepening private sector ties & laying groundwork 4 $500 billion in 2-way trade.
- July 20, 2016: Visit to National Agricultural Science Complex
Ambassador Verma visited the National Agricultural Science Complex in New Delhi with USAID team.
- July 19, 2016: Welcomed AmCit Indian origin Adoptees back to India
Ambassador Verma met AmCit Indian origin adoptees back to India who are here to meet with govt & learn about their cultural heritage.
- July 1, 2016: Celebrating Independence Day & Centennial of National Park Services
Ambassador Verma at the official July 4 celebrations in New Delhi. (Twitter)
- June 22, 2016: Ramzan Mubarak!
“A pleasure to break the fast with friends at the U.S. Embassy Iftar dinner.” – Ambassador Verma, June 22, 2016. (Photos)
- June 21, 2016: Celebrating International Day of Yoga
Ambassador Verma and the U.S. Embassy New Delhi joined India and the world in celebrating the International Day of Yoga! Here are some glimpses of yoga from the Embassy. #IDY2016 (Video)
- June 2, 2016 – US-India Strengthen Homeland Defense
Ambassador Verma signed two MoUs with the Indian Government on June 2, 2016. An MOU was signed to strengthen homeland defense by significantly expanding sharing of terrorist screening information, and an MOU to enhance cooperation on energy security, clean energy and climate change. (Facebook)
- May 21, 2016 – Tim Cook’s visit to India
Ambassador Verma was pleased to welcome Tim Cook, CEO Apple to the Roosevelt House to discuss US-India economic partnership and innovation.
- May 19, 2016 – Ambassador Verma speaks at the Smart Cities Investors Meet
“There is no turning back on the smart cities revolution – it’s not just the big cities; citizens across America, and now across the globe are demanding smarter, more connected and efficient living spaces.”
- May 9, 2016 – Welcoming Indian-American actor and former White House official, Kal Penn
“Grateful for your commitment to the arts, public service and #USIndia ties” – Ambassador Verma tweeted. (Facebook)
- April 29, 2016 – Remarks by Ambassador Verma at Lehigh University
“As we move forward into the 21st century, the United States must harness all the tools of national power – diplomatic, economic, military, development, and innovation – to safeguard our interests in the global commons and forger closer relations with likeminded partners; India above all” – Ambassador Verma “Technology, Innovation & American Diplomacy in the 21st Century,” (Twitter)
- April 25, 2016 – Op-Ed by Ambassador Verma: The Importance of IP Rights for Innovation
“By working together, we can safeguard our cultural diversity and economic prosperity by protecting the efforts of our most creative and innovative citizens and companies.”
- April 22, 2016 – Ambassador Verma attended a Tree Plantation Ceremony
This year’s theme of Earth Day was “Trees for the Earth.” Ambassador Verma attended a Tree Plantation Ceremony hosted by the Climate Reality Project to mark the occasion.
- April 10-13, 2016: Ambassador Verma welcomes Secretary of Defense Ash Carter to India #USIndiaDefenseCoop
“Thanks to #SecDef Carter for a path-breaking visit, a turning point in our defense ties with India @DeptofDefense” – Ambassador Verma tweeted. (Joint Statement)
- April 6, 2016: With Ambassador Burns President of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Thanks Amb Burns President @CarnegieEndow for sharing your wisdom & experiences with #NextGen #ForeignService. Congrats on the launch of @CarnegieIndia!
- April 5, 2016: Welcoming NASA Administrator Charles Bolden
Honored to welcome NASA Administrator Charles Bolden! Greater U.S. India Space cooperation can be of service to the world.
- March 8, 2016: “The Impact of U.S. and Indian Innovations in Global Business”
“I am frequently reminded of Prime Minister’s Modi’s charge to all of us that it’s too limiting to think of the U.S.-India partnership in terms of what we can do for each other. The real promise is in what we can do for humanity, and for global peace and prosperity – that’s the real promise in our partnership.” – Ambassador Verma (Facebook)
- March 7, 2016: Ambassador Verma joins Renewed Commitment to End TB
The U.S. Ambassador hosted a reception ahead of World Tuberculosis Day. The event focused attention on TB survivors. Their testimonies were an emotional reminder of the urgency behind the fight to end TB in India. (Facebook Photos)
- March 6, 2016: Ambassador Verma meets filmmaker Mira Nair
Loved meeting amazing filmmaker @MiraPagliNair. Inspiring portraits of women & Indian diaspora #AmCenterND #WHM2016
- March 3, 2016: Inaugurating the First U.S.-India Workshop on Traditional Medicine
The Workshop was jointly inaugurated by the Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge) and Health & Family Welfare, Shripad Yesso Naik and Ambassador Richard Verma and, Assistant Secretary of Global Affairs at HHS, Ambassador Jimmy Kolker. Over the course of the two-day workshop, participants will share current traditional medicine therapies and practices for cancer in U.S. and India. (Press release)
- March 2, 2016: Chalein saath saath …“Forward together we go,”
Good to see #ADMHarris @PacificCommand back in India! Representing US military at the inaugural @raisinadialogue.
“Let’s Be Ambitious Together” ADM Harry B. Harris, Jr. (#ADMHarris RaisinaDialogue Remarks)
- March 1, 2016: That’s my alma mater! Discussing #IndiaEngagement
Ambassador Verma tweeted: Enjoyed meeting with my alma mater @LehighU alumni to discuss university’s #IndiaEngagement.
- February 19, 2016: In Delhi, old and new with CNN’s Richard Quest
The day started with a formal interview at Roosevelt House on U.S. India Business. Ambassador Verma then took Richard Quest out on the town, starting with a metro ride to Chandni Chowk. From there, they headed to the spice market in Khari Baoli by cycle rickshaw. They closed out the day with innovative Indian cuisine at Indian Accent, joined by legendary foodies Rocky & Mayur. #USIndiaDosti (Facebook)
- January 28, 2016: Ambassador Verma on NDTV with Nidhi Razdan
Did my first, national dialogue w/ Nidhi Razdan for @LRC_NDTV @ndtv. Inspiring to hear directly from India’s youth, as tweeted by Ambassador Verma. (Facebook)
- January 27, 2016: Ambassador Verma at the Indo-US Vaccine Action Program
“I commend the VAP for its remarkable past achievements and for a promising future that is being revitalized through a shared commitment to several very important initiatives.”
- January 19, 2016: Ambassador Verma Welcomes Congressional Delegation
“Welcome @repbera, other members of congress to India for discussions to expand US/India security, commercial ties.”