This is an update to our message of April 6, 2020, reminding U.S. citizens that now is the time to act if you want to return to the United States. The U.S. Mission India is facilitating a series of flights to the United States this week.
We do not know if U.S. government-organized flights returning to the United States will continue after this week. We urge U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States to take advantage of the current opportunities.
We are directly contacting U.S. citizens interested in returning to the United States. We will respond to U.S. citizens who have contacted us as soon as possible. U.S. citizens interested in returning to the United States should complete the form at https://tinyurl.com/uscit-india so that the U.S. Embassy has your specific information and location. U.S. citizens who have already filled out this form do not need to fill out the form again. We will contact you directly with specific instructions about flights after you have filled out the form. It is not necessary to email us or call us concerning flight reservations at this time.
All passengers MUST have a valid U.S. passport or other U.S. travel document (e.g. green card, visa) to board the flight.
Please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/ to receive critical information from the Embassy concerning flight opportunities. We recommend you monitor our social media (https://twitter.com/USAndIndia and https://www.facebook.com/India.usembassy/) in addition to our website.
Actions to Take:
- Check your email regularly for messages from the U.S. Mission to India and consider carefully whether to take advantage of the flights being offered now. There are no guarantees there will be additional flights.
- Have your travel documents ready. A valid U.S. passport and Indian visa will be required for travel.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding U.S. and foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts. Please also refer to the travel.state.gov FAQs.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in India.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the United States.
- Review the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website for information on COVID-19 and Indian travel advisories.
- U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021
- U.S. Consulate General Mumbai (Bombay)
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
- U.S. Consulate General Chennai (Madras)
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
- U.S. Consulate General Kolkata (Calcutta)
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 70007
- U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500003
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- India Travel Advisory and Country Page
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter