Event: We advise U.S. persons interested in returning to the United States that Air India has announced additional commercially operated evacuation flights departing from India to international destinations, including the United States, to evacuate stranded Indian citizens. U.S. persons are eligible to travel on these flights. We understand from an update Air India posted recently on social media that the flights to the United States will depart on June 5 and 6. Tickets for the flights will be available for purchase on the Air India website the morning of Saturday, May 30. Interested travelers should contact Air India directly regarding these flights, not the U.S. Embassy or consulates.
There are no further U.S. government charter flights scheduled or planned to evacuate U.S. persons from India at this time. We urge U.S. persons wishing to return to the United States to strongly consider available commercial flight options.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in India.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the United States.
- Review the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website for information on COVID-19 and Indian travel advisories.
- U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021
- U.S. Consulate General Mumbai (Bombay)
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
- U.S. Consulate General Chennai (Madras)
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
- U.S. Consulate General Kolkata (Calcutta)
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071
- U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500003
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- India Travel Advisory and Country Page
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter