The U.S. Embassy would like to inform U.S. citizens in Punjab that there will be a charter flight from Amritsar to New Delhi on April 7 at 19:15 / 7:15 p.m. that will connect directly to an onward charter flight from New Delhi to San Francisco at 2:25 a.m. on April 8.
U.S. citizens interested in a seat on a flight must do two things:
- Complete the form at https://tinyurl.com/uscit-india so that the U.S. embassy has your specific information and location, and
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/ to receive critical information from the embassy concerning flight opportunities.
We do not know if U.S. government-organized flights returning to the United States will continue after this week.We urge U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States to take advantage of the current opportunities.
All passengers MUST have a valid U.S. passport or other U.S. travel document (e.g. green card, visa) to board the flight.If any member of your party does not have a currently valid U.S. travel document, please note this in your email.
These flights are chartered by the U.S. government and the final cost per ticket has not yet been determined.Confirmed passengers must sign an evacuation loan repayment agreement; no payment is required up front.Passengers will be billed by the U.S. Department of State after the completion of the trip.Tickets are available through this billing mechanism only and may not be purchased directly or in advance.In addition to the cost of the flight, you will be billed for any U.S. government-chartered ground transportation.You are responsible for arranging and paying for any other expenses, such as hotel stays, meals, and onward domestic travel in the United States.
Actions to Take:
- Have your travel documents ready? A valid U.S. passport and Indian visa will be required for travel.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding U.S. and foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.Please also refer to the travel.state.gov FAQs.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in India.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the United States.
- Review the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website for information on COVID-19 and Indian travel advisories.
- U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021
- U.S. Consulate General Mumbai (Bombay)
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
- U.S. Consulate General Chennai (Madras)
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
- U.S. Consulate General Kolkata (Calcutta)
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071
- U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500003
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444