Health Alert – U.S. Mission to India
Event: Airlines resumed limited domestic commercial flights in India on May 25. International commercial flights remain suspended, and there are no further U.S. government charter flights scheduled or planned to evacuate U.S. persons from India at this time.
While the Embassy and Consulates remain closed to the public for routine consular services, our team of dedicated professionals continues to work on behalf of U.S. citizens in India. Please continue to monitor our social media and your STEP account. We will alert you to additional commercial flights as they become available.
Actions to Take:
- Have your travel documents ready. A valid U.S. passport and Indian visa will be required for travel.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding U.S. and foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts. Please also refer to the travel.state.gov FAQs.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in India.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the United States.
- Review the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website for information on COVID-19 and Indian travel advisories.
- U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021
- U.S. Consulate General Mumbai (Bombay)
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
- U.S. Consulate General Chennai (Madras)
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
- U.S. Consulate General Kolkata (Calcutta)
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071
- U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500003
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- India Travel Advisory and Country Page
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter