Health Alert – U.S. Mission to India
Event: We advise U.S. persons interested in returning to the United States that Air India has announced a new series of commercially operated evacuation flights departing from India to international destinations, including the United States, to evacuate stranded Indian citizens. U.S. persons are eligible to travel on these flights. More details on these flights can be found at the Air India website. Interested travelers should contact Air India directly regarding these flights, not the U.S. Embassy or consulates. No curfew passes from the Embassy or consulates are required for these flights.
Actions to Take:
- Have your travel documents ready. A valid U.S. passport and Indian visa will be required for travel.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding U.S. and foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts. Please also refer to the travel.state.gov FAQs.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in India.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the United States.
- Review the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website for information on COVID-19 and Indian travel advisories.
- U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021
- U.S. Consulate General Mumbai (Bombay)
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
- U.S. Consulate General Chennai (Madras)
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
- U.S. Consulate General Kolkata (Calcutta)
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071
- U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500003
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- India Travel Advisory and Country Page
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter