Health Alert – U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Event: U.S. citizens in Bhutan are urged to comply with preventative social distancing measures announced in the March 27 press release from the Prime Minister’s Office.
We understand that international commercial flights from Bhutan are still operating on Drukair – Royal Bhutan Airlines, including a flight from Paro to Bangkok, should U.S. citizens wish to consider repatriation to the United States during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We urge U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/ in order to receive critical information from the Embassy concerning flight opportunities. The Embassy takes phone calls and emails from U.S. citizens currently in Bhutan, but the best way to ensure you are informed about flight opportunities that become available is to enroll in the STEP application.
Actions to Take:
- Have your travel documents ready.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at state.gov
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information regarding U.S. and foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in India.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websitefor the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- India Travel Advisory and Country Page
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter