U.S. Embassy New Delhi informs U.S. citizens that heavy rains have caused severe flooding in Jammu and Kashmir. Extensive flooding has washed out many roads, making transportation in the region difficult and dangerous. Thousands of people are stranded and communication channels have been badly damaged. The Government of India is working to repair damaged roads and assist those stranded by the flooding. As a result, we advise U.S. citizens to defer all unnecessary travel to those areas until the waters subside and infrastructure is repaired. Monitor local and national media for updates on flooding conditions and transportation routes.
At this time, the U.S. Embassy has received no reports of U.S. citizen casualties. We are working with Indian authorities in the area to help locate U.S. citizens. If you have information about a U.S. citizen affected by the flooding in Kashmir & Jammu, please contact the U.S. Embassy at 011-2419-8000 or send an e-mail with your information to ACSND@state.gov.
We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in India enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. embassy or nearest U.S. consulate to contact you in an emergency. If you don’t have Internet access, enroll directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
Updated information on travel and security may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well.
U.S. citizens with questions or concerns may contact the American Citizens Services Unit of the Embassy or the Consulates General for further information:
- The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi is located at Shanti Path, Chanakya Puri 110021; telephone +91-11-2419-8000; fax +91-11-2419-8587. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-11) 2419-8000 and ask for American Citizen Services.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay) is located at C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051 Phone: (22) 2672-4000. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-22) 2672-4000 and ask for American Citizens Services. If you are calling from within India, but outside Mumbai, first dial 022.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Chennai (Madras) is at 220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006, telephone +91-44-2857-4000; fax +91-44-2811-2027. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-44) 2857-4000 and ask for American Citizen Services. If you are calling from within India, but outside Chennai, first dial 044-.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Kolkata (Calcutta) is at 5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071; telephone +91-33-3984-2400; fax +91-33-2282-2335. For after-hours emergencies, please call our primary hotline cell phone (91) 99030 42956. If unable to reach the cell phone, please call (91) (33) 3984-2400 and dial “0” and ask for the Duty Officer.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Hyderabad is at Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500 003; telephone: +91 (40) 4033-8300. For after-hours emergencies, please call the 24-hour operator at (+91-40) 4033-8300 and ask for American Citizen Services. If you are calling from within India, but outside Hyderabad, first dial 040-.