U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is one of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s largest and most complex components, with a priority mission of keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the United States. It also has a responsibility for securing the border and facilitating lawful international trade and travel while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws and regulations, including immigration and drug laws.
The CBP Attaché office in New Delhi represents CBP with respect to numerous programs and initiatives relating to cargo security, trade and travel facilitation, immigration liaison and enforcement, and preventing the illicit smuggling of goods and people. In addition to India, the CBP Attaché’s area of responsibility includes Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and the Maldives.
The CBP office is located at the American Embassy in New Delhi, India and can be accessed through the visa gate.
The CBP Attaché office operates during regular business hours from Monday through Friday. Services are available to the public from 09:00am to 12:00pm. Please note that appointments are highly recommended. The CBP office is closed on American and Indian holidays.
U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
New Delhi 110021
Telephone: +91-11-2419-8640 (duty hours)
+91-11-2419-8000 (non-duty hours)
The CBP office can also be contacted via e-mail at CBPNewDelhiInquiry@State.gov
Other Services Provided Include:
- Transportation Letters for Lawful permanent Residents (PDF 293KB)
- Public notice on expired alien registration cards (I-551) (PDF 22KB)
The CBP Attaché office in New Delhi, India, is primarily responsible for addressing CBP related issues in India. For assistance in other countries, please visit the local U.S. Embassy website. CBP related information can also be obtained by visiting the CBP website.
Other useful sites:
- Global Entry
- Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)
- Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP)
- National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center
- U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Embassy of the U.S. – American Citizens Services
- Embassy of the U.S. – Visas