Employment Opportunities in the U.S. Embassy New Delhi
The U.S. Embassy New Delhi is seeking to attract the highest caliber and best qualified staff. Interested applicants should review each position vacancy thoroughly to ensure that their qualifications meet all the requirements.
Please carefully read the entire vacancy announcement and make sure that you meet all of the eligibility and qualification requirements. You will need the information and documents related to your work experience, education, work or residency permits, and contact details readily available to submit the online application.
Review the Eight Qualities of Embassy Employees (PDF 183 KB). These qualities are essential for being a successful member of the Mission.
Positions advertised to “All Interested Candidates” are open to all candidates who are Indian citizens or have the required work permits for employment in India. For an overview of the terms (EFM/MOH/OR/NOR) and their definitions, please see: Definitions (PDF 148 KB)
Current Vacancies at the Embassy of the United States, New Delhi.
Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) Software – Service Update
ERA users (this includes Hiring Managers and Applicants), please note that ERA will be down for mandatory system updates this month. You will be unable to access ERA during these downtimes as reflected on the calendar below. You can return to the site and continue using it once the system maintenance work has been completed. Data you have entered earlier will not be lost during these outages. We regret the inconvenience. Check the service update calendar here.
How to Apply
All currently available positions at the U.S. Embassy New Delhi are posted on the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) web page powered by Monster.com. Applications must be completed and submitted through ERA. PAPER OR E-MAILED APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Please click on the link above for the vacancy in which you are interested.
- Review the vacancy announcement to see if you qualify.
- Click on ‘Apply to this Vacancy’ button.
- If you don’t have an account, click on “Create an Account” on the ERA Sign In web page
- Complete the Account Creation form.
- After you complete these steps, you will be redirected to the log-in page. Use your log-in e-mail and password you created to log-in to the ERA page. After you log-in, you will see your Dashboard Page (Welcome Dashboard) then click on ‘Return to Job Search’ and click on the position title that you want to apply for. Complete application process and submit your application.
- All applications and required supporting documents must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
By filling out the on-line application form, candidates commit to being trustworthy as to all the information therein provided and are aware that any false statement will result in being excluded from the selection process, or may be grounds for termination after the beginning of employment.
The U.S. Embassy New Delhi provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Embassy New Delhi.