Under the leadership of the Consul General, the Consulate provides a number of services to Americans and Indians.
– Provides documentary assistance and services to ensure the security and well-being of U.S. citizens in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Odisha, and grants visas to Indian citizens.
– Explains and advocates the position of the United States Government and its citizens on bilateral and multi-lateral political, economic, and social issues.
– Reports to the United States Government Indian views on issues affecting American interests.
– Promotes the expansion of American exports in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Odisha, advocates open markets, and assists American businesses in establishing commercial links.
– Facilitates cultural and educational exchange between the United States and India.
The U.S. Consulate opened for business at its new location in Nanakramguda on March 20, 2023. The new U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad supports the continued expansion of U.S.-Indian diplomatic, security, and commercial relations. Located on a 12-acre site, the new consulate embodies the State Department’s mission to provide safe, secure, functional, and resilient facilities that ensure a robust platform for U.S. diplomacy abroad. The project’s sustainable design, construction, and operations display the best of U.S. architecture, engineering, and construction execution.
Click here to learn more: https://oboportfolio.state.gov/hyderabad/