U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Notification of Funding Opportunity
U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL CHENNAI
ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT INNOVATION FUND (AEIF) 2020
Announcement Type: Grant
Funding Opportunity Title: Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) 2020
Date Opened: January 15, 2020
Closing Date and Time for Submission of Application: February 19, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. (Indian Standard time). Received proposals will be reviewed and submitted to the Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund 2020 global competition.
Eligibility Category: Teams with at least two alumni of U.S. Government sponsored exchange programs
Award Ceiling: U.S. $25,000.00
Award Floor: U.S. $5,000.00
Electronic Requirement: Applications must be submitted by email to the email address listed below
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) is pleased to announce the 2020 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF). AEIF 2020 supports teams of alumni of U.S. government-sponsored international exchange programs with funding from US $5,000 up to US $25,000 to implement social impact projects that addresses global issues in their local communities.
The Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) offers alumni of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs the opportunity to carry out public service projects using the skills and knowledge they gained during their exchange. AEIF projects extend and increase the impact of the U.S. government’s investment in exchange participants and programs by enhancing the leadership capacity, convening power, and community engagement of alumni and alumni networks.
2020 AEIF THEME: WOMEN, PEACE, AND SECURITY:
The theme for AEIF 2020 is “Women, Peace, and Security” (WPS) which is designed this year to catalyze action among alumni to focus on topics such as:
- Strengthen the role of women in peace, security, and governance;
- Engage women as partners in preventing terrorism and countering radicalization and recruitment;
- Promote protection of women and girls from violence, abuse, and exploitation; or
- Support women’s political, economic, and civic participation
- Applicants must be alumni of U.S. government-funded or sponsored exchange programs listed here, and form teams of at least two (2) alumni
- Alumni must be members of the International Exchange Alumni (IEA) global online community
- If you do not have a registered account on the IEA web site, please follow registration instructions available here
- Proposals must address women in peace, security, and governance. Proposals that do not address the theme as outlined in the program objectives will be deemed ineligible
- All alumni teams will need to partner with legally recognized, non-profit, non-governmental organizations that meet U.S. and Indian technical and legal requirements (i.e., FCRA of Government of India, DUNS and SAM registration from the U.S
- The submission of proposals via email will be accepted from Wednesday, January 15, 2020 and will close on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. (Indian Standard Time).
- Alumni team/s must submit the proposal and the budget in the attached format only
Submit the proposals with budget sheet by email to ChennaiAlumni@state.gov