Date: April 30, 2019
Dear U.S. Citizens:
The U.S. Consulate General in Chennai, India, will conduct off-site passport services for U.S. citizens in Bengaluru on May 15, 16, and 17, 2019.
On these dates, a consular officer will be in Bengaluru to accept U.S. passport renewal applications for minors and first-time adults. Considering the popularity of previous sessions, appointments are likely to fill up quickly, so please send us your requests as early as possible.
Requirements for passport applications can be found on the Consulate’s homepage at https://in.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/. Failure to bring all necessary documents may delay the processing of your application.
Due to resource limitations, certain restrictions apply to applications submitted at the off-site location in Bengaluru:
- Services will be offered by appointment only. The following details are mandatory to request an appointment. Because of the volume of inquiries received, requests which do not follow the format below will not be considered.
- Child/Children’s name(s):
- Child’s/Children’s date of birth:
- Your contact number:
Email your request to ChennaiCSOutreach@state.gov. We will respond within 5 business days. Appointments should be made in the name of the person(s) receiving the service and should specify all services requested. This email address has been designated exclusively to accommodate these appointment requests. Continue to send all other inquiries/concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Due to security requirements, we will inform you of the location of the service upon appointment confirmation. Space is limited, so please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your assigned time.
- Passport photos must be taken in the last six months and glasses may not be worn. If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with your application.
- Payment must be made by demand draft only, in favor of the U.S. Consulate General and payable at Chennai. Please see the Consulate website for fee details: https://in.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/american-citizen-services-acs-fees/
- All passports are now returned via courier. You must bring a separate demand draft in favor of “FedEx Express TSCS (India) Pvt. Ltd.” for Rs.450. The demand draft should be made payable at Chennai. Any variation from this will not be accepted by FedEx. We cannot accept cash for this service.
Appointments will not be given to discuss U.S. visa issues. The officer will not be able to entertain appeals, document submissions, or inquiries related to U.S. non-immigrant or immigrant visas.
Non-citizen parents of U.S. citizen children may make an appointment and appear at the appointment with their children.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
American Citizen Services
U.S. Consulate General Chennai
220 Anna Salai
Chennai, India 600 006
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program: https://step.state.gov/