American Corner Hyderabad provides access to materials and conversations on aspects of life and culture in the United States, and is the first place to visit for accurate and up-to-date information about political, economic, cultural, educational and social trends in the United States. It is also a space for dynamic conversation on topics of interest to the Hyderabadi community.
Membership in the American Corner is open to everyone in the community and costs R100 a year. Patrons include journalists, academics, businessmen and women, civic organizations, teachers, students, government officials, and other community members. The American Corner is open Tuesday through Saturday, 3:00pm-7:00pm. To find out about future programs, sign up with us at the email below.
- Books and Magazines
- Children and Young Adult Collections
- Films and Documentaries
- Computers, Internet and Wi-Fi
- Access to eLibraryUSA (PDF 408 KB)
- Access to ProQuest digital journal compendium
- Reference services
- Referral to the American Libraries in India
- Invitations to special programs/events
The American Corner in Hyderabad is a partnership between the U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad, and the St. Francis College for Women in Begumpet.
St. Francis College for Women
Street No. 6, Uma Nagar,
- Studying in the United States (recurring)
- Fusion Performance Workshop between American band Laura Cortese and the Dance Cards and numerous Indian musical artists
- Dramatic Workshop with Washington, D.C.-based Arena Stage Theater
- Discussion on Future Prospects for India-Pakistan Relations with Washington, D.C.-based Brookings Institute Senior Fellow Dr. Stephen Cohen
- Discussion on Women in Entertainment Industry with New York-based Flor de Toloache Mariachi Band
- Blogger Workshop on Social and Digital Media Design with Founder of “Be Bold” Media Sabrina Hersi Issa