American Corner Ahmedabad provides access to materials and conversations on aspects of life and culture in the United States, and is the first place to visit for accurate and up-to-date information about political, economic, cultural, educational and social trends in the United States. It is also a space for dynamic conversation on topics of interest to the Gujarati community.
American Corner is open to everyone in the community. Patrons include journalists, academics, businessmen and women, civic organizations, teachers, students, government officials, and other community members.
- Books and Magazines
- Children and Young Adult Collections
- Films and Documentaries
- Computers, Internet and Wi-Fi
- Access to eLibraryUSA (PDF 408 KB)
- Access to ProQuest digital journal compendium
- Reference services
- Referral to the American Libraries in India
- Invitations to special programs/events
The American Corner in Ahmedabad is a partnership between the U.S. Consulate General Mumbai and Indo American Education Society (IAES) in Ahmedabad.
American Corner Ahmedabad
Indo American Education Society
Office No. 1 & 2, 3rd Floor, Sun Square,
Near Hotel Nest, Off C G Road,
10.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.,
Monday through Saturday
- Poetry performance – “Shaam e Sphere” to celebrate Earth Day
- English for Specific Purpose – Regional English Fellow took 10 days workshop for Fine arts students on English for Specific Purpose.
136.1 Yoga Studio in association with Dreams foundation (NGO) & American Corner tomorrow- 25th April at 7.00 am with impressions and expressions being the theme. Participant had a power yoga session followed by a documentary on Earth Day along with showcase of art by the children of dreams.
- Franco American Film Festival – Alliance Francaise d’Ahmedabad and American Corner has collaborated to present 8 short listed films exploring various genres and cultures. The film screenings was open to all cinema lovers, and took place over four days beginning on 1st of June at the Alliance Francaise and American Corner.