With over 650 Spaces in 150 countries worldwide, American Spaces provide welcoming environments where visitors can connect and learn about the United States through programs and lectures, as well as through books, movies, and magazines. Hosted in embassies, schools, libraries, and other partner institutions worldwide, American Spaces are platforms for providing information and engagement through activities, such as:
- Educational advising for those who want to study in the U.S.,
- Workshops on a range of topics from career skills to English language learning,
- Classes and clubs introducing new technologies, 21st century digital skills, and academic resources,
- Films, discussions, and lectures on entrepreneurship, leadership, current events, international affairs, and much more.
Partner With Us
Mission India’s six American Spaces are free and open to the public. They offer contemporary technology, internet, and a/v support for presentations, screenings, virtual programs, and community research. Please see below for directions and hours of operation.
Together, our American Spaces run over 1,000 events a year, and we welcome your ideas for programs that expand connections and understanding between the United States and India. Do you have an idea for an event that you would like to see at one of our American Spaces? Would you like to partner with us to host a program at one of our American Spaces?
If so, first please read below about our programming themes and formats, and then submit a proposal here.
Our team will review your proposal and get in touch.
|Programming themes||Program formats|
American Spaces India Membership Program
American Spaces India Membership Program
(New Delhi American Center, Kolkata American Center, Chennai American Center, Dosti House Mumbai, American Corner Hyderabad, American Corner Ahmedabad)
American Spaces India Membership Privileges:
- Borrowing access to the library collections at New Delhi American Center, Kolkata American Center, Chennai American Center, and Dosti House, Mumbai.
- Books/serials/DVDs can be borrowed for 3 weeks, after which point they can be renewed for 2 more weeks (if they are not in demand). After 5 weeks, members should return the materials, and they may re-borrow them after a week has past.
- All intra-library loan books/DVDs/serials will be issued for 3 weeks only, and they may not be renewed.
- Outstation members of American Corner Hyderabad can contact American Center New Delhi (email: email@example.com, Ph:011-23472115/16/19), and American Corner Ahmedabad can contact to Dosti House, Mumbai (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 022-26724231/4024) for outstation membership services.
- Outstation members (including members of American Corner Hyderabad and American Corner Ahmedabad) can request books, DVDs, and serials by email. The Centers bear the shipping charges while sending materials to the members, and when returning, the member bears the shipping cost.
- Members are entitled to use systems for 1 hour, subject to availability, and may continue if there is no reservation.
- Age eligibility for American Spaces India Membership is 16 years or over.
- American Spaces India memberships are reciprocal, meaning that, for example, one a member of one American Space can take advantage or resources, programs, and services at another American Space in India.
Guidelines/Rules for Members:
- Membership is mandatory for American Spaces India borrowing privileges.
- Please produce your American Spaces India membership card at the time of entry.
- Use of the American Spaces India libraries is permitted for four hours per day, per person, if at capacity.
- When at capacity, you must depart within four hours of entering American Spaces India libraries. The four-hour period does not stop running if you choose to leave the Space and then come back in.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended. Management is not responsible for any stolen or lost property.
- Seating is available on first-come, first served basis. Reservations are not allowed.
- American Spaces India staff reserve the right to inspect all bags and packages.
- Talking on cell phones, group discussions, and eating are not permitted in the libraries.
- Internet terminals and Wi-Fi are available on request.
- Extension cords are not permitted in the reading areas.
- Accessing gambling or pornographic material on our computers or systems is prohibited.
- Inserting personal electronic or storage devices into our computer terminals is prohibited.
- American Spaces India members should not attempt to take any material from the libraries without getting it issued or without permission.
- Soliciting, petitioning, or disturbing written materials on American Spaces India premises is not permitted.
- Members may not engage in conduct that results in damaging, defacing, or misusing any material or property. This includes disabling equipment, changing the software or settings on computers, or using computers for purposes other than those designated by American Spaces India. Any loss or mutilation of materials will be charged to the member.
- Moving or shifting of furniture is not permitted.
- Photography and recording are not allowed on American Spaces India premises without prior staff permission.
- Members participating in American Spaces India programs may be featured on social media.
- Failure to comply with any of the above may result in a revocation of membership privileges.
American Center New Delhi #AmCenterND
24, Kasturba Gandhi Marg
New Delhi 110001
Nearest metro station: Barakhamba
American Center in Chennai #AmCenterChennai
The American Center
U.S. Consulate General, Chennai
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
American Center Kolkata #AmCenterKolkata
The American Center
38A, Jawaharlal Nehru Road
Kolkata 700 071
Dosti House Mumbai #AmCenterMumbai
U.S. Consulate General
Bandra Kurla Complex
American Corner #USAndHyderabad
St. Francis College for Women
Street No. 6, Uma Nagar,
American Corner #Ahmedabad
Office No. 1 & 2, 3rd Floor,
Sun Square, Nr. Hotel Nest,
Off C G Road, Navarangpura,
Ahmedabad – 380 009.