Location: New Delhi, India
Event: There is a planned anti-American protest scheduled today in the vicinity of Teen Murti Road and possibly in the front of the U.S. Embassy. The Police are aware of the protest and will provide enhanced security. The U.S. Embassy recommends that U.S. citizens avoid these two areas today, January 7.
U.S. citizens traveling abroad should regularly monitor the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs website, where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information can be found. The U.S. embassy also encourages U.S. citizens to review the “Traveler’s Checklist,” which includes valuable security information for those living and traveling abroad.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas with demonstrations and civil disturbances.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
Enroll in the Smart Travelers Enrollment Program (STEP).
- Website: https://in.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/emergency-contact/
- U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Located at Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021
- U.S. Consulate General Mumbai (Bombay)
Located at C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
- U.S. Consulate General Chennai (Madras)
Located at 220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
- U.S. Consulate General Kolkata (Calcutta)
Located at 5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071
- U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad
Located at Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500 003
+91 (40) 4033-8300
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- India Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter