Health Alert – U.S. Mission to India
This is an update to our message of March 28, 2020. We are coordinating closely with the U.S. Department of State and airlines to facilitate flights to India, and we anticipate several flights departing from New Delhi and Mumbai returning to the United States this week.
As a reminder, if you are a U.S. citizen interested in departing from India on a U.S. government-coordinated flight, and have not done so already, please provide updated information in order to be notified of potential availability of tickets.
The site below collects information that is more detailed than that which you have provided previously. Accordingly, even if you have already provided your data by phone, please provide it on this form. Note that families may include up to six persons per form. You will need to have the passport information available when you complete the form. We note that it is likely that flights will have stricter than usual limits on the weight of luggage as well as be unable to accommodate pets.
Click here to access the required form: https://tinyurl.com/uscit-india. Please submit the form only once unless you receive specific instructions. Do not call to confirm that your submission was successful after completing the form. You will see a confirmation screen once you have clicked “submit” indicating we have received your information.
We urge U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/in order to receive critical information from the embassy concerning flight opportunities. We also recommend you monitor our social media (https://twitter.com/USAndIndia and https://www.facebook.com/India.usembassy/) in addition to our website.
Actions to Take:
- Have your travel documents ready.A valid U.S. passport and Indian visa will be required for travel.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at step.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding U.S. and foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in India.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the United States.
- Review the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website for information on COVID-19 and Indian travel advisories.
- U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021
- U.S. Consulate General Mumbai (Bombay)
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
- U.S. Consulate General Chennai (Madras)
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
- U.S. Consulate General Kolkata (Calcutta)
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071
- U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500003
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444